Saturday 11 August 2012

Who are you again?

The light was just about breaking through the curtains. A shard of bright clear sunlight punctured the dismal light of the room. It's blinding light cut through the unfamiliar room that Pete was staring through, eyes now wide open. He was in that trance like state that everyone finds themselves after a good nights sleep filled with a dream that he was just about to find out that wasn't a dream after all.

His eyes, now adjusting by the second to the light cascading through the curtains, were searching fervently around the now illuminated room as to clues of his whereabouts as his memory chip frizzed back into life. Brief clips now played through his head and subjected to him snippets of the previous night.
He had parked his truck, laden with timber products to which the local cowboy builders will be introducing to the homes of the affluent stock broker's homes of the surrounding rural West Surrey well to do bracket, outside the gates of the local builders merchants. He had after cleaning himself up in his well equipped Scania, wandered by foot into the local town, in exploration of food and jovial company. He had found both and had ended up in deep conversation with a seemingly young twenties 'bit of posh totty', as he would describe her in a brief post on Facebook whilst she was repairing the ravages of the night on her make up in the ladies. He had been warmly invited back to hers, because her parents and elder sister where 'doing Monte carlo' and she couldn't be bothered this year.
They had retired to a large even by this regions standards, bungalow, with adjacent stables and paddock. A few glasses of wine and the inevitable happened and he was now lying awake in a large bedroom on a large bed with the unmistakable feel of a sleeping beauty cradled it his arms.
"Mmmmmmmm................Hiiiiii................" she peered up with him and placed a kiss on his cheek, before gently prising her way out of his arms flinging back the single white cotton sheet as it was warm last night, and tripping over the bundle of discarded male and female clothes to the right hand side of the bed, the shard of light moving across her lightly suntanned naked hour glass peachy bottomed body as she went through to the en-suite bathroom.
A few minutes later she re-emerged, her jet black hair shoulder length straight hair now combed and swept back behind her ears. She had also covered herself in a silk half length cream coloured dressing gown that stopped at the top of her thighs of an exquisite pair of legs on her 5"4" frame and only just fastened due to the 34dd's bursting to get back out. She smiled a big happy perfect teeth smile at him, and said "Fix yourself up and I'll make some coffee.!

After dressing, Pete wandered into the kitchen that was bigger than his entire brothers flat in the Black Country.  He sat down at the welcoming barstool at the breakfast bar where he found his guest nibbling at some toast and engrossed in her laptop. He poured a some 'proper' coffee from the decanter into an adjacent mug.
"I thought you'd prefer a mug instead of a measly cup." She exclaimed in her public school educated voice.
As he slowly sipped his coffee in the mock Victorian manor house style kitchen, whilst gazing at this creature of divine beauty who was now tapping at a furious pace into her laptop, only slowing down to one handed tapping whilst sipping her coffee from a much more lady like cup, he thought, Why? Why did this young lady invite me of all people back to hers and spend what can only be described as a scene from one of those girlie type love story movies you watch only watch with a woman because of what they always lead to. Why...Why...... Why me?
He thought it so loud he actually said it. Just Blurted out "Why me?" Quickly realising what he had said when she stared up from the computer. "I'm almost twice your age, why me?" He now asked in a self mocking curiosity adorned facial expression.
"How old are you?" She asked.
"Forty five." He replied
"You, ARE more than twice my age!" She replied seductively. "But only just." She smiled and winked cheekily at him.
"I'll tell you on the way to your truck, I'll give you a lift, I'm sorry but I have to get to work, I'll explain all in the car."

Some car too. He thought, a bright red Porsche, luxury trim, not up on his Porsche models but it certainly wasn't a bargain basement job. She drove patiently, as if she'd been driving it forever and it wasn't a toy she was showing off in.
"Look, I work in the city, money and finance, the guy's I come into are soooo girlie that they are almost if not already gay. And I'm so busy I haven't got the time or desire for a boyfriend. You told me that you were a truck driver,  although you are older, your reasonably fit, your cute, you spoke to me with intelligence and made me laugh........ aaaand I think I've rudely assumed that you'd be happy with just a one night thingy. I needed last night and you were good for me, really, you were sooo goooood for me. But that's all it was, just a one night thing. I think we both needed it. You do understand don't you?"
"Yep, I sort of got that feeling that's what it was last night, and believe me with my lifestyle, I've no desire for a girlfriend either." He answered her.
"Oooh, I thought you would, Oh I do feel awful..." she paused " No.., not for what we've done but just for assuming and letting passion overtake common sense."
"Ditto." he said and beamed a friendly smile at her that seemed to settle her back down into bliss as the smile re spawned across her now glowing brown eyed gaze at him.

"Here we are." She pulled up at the gate. The porsche growling as she halted at the gate where one of the builders merchant staff was interupted from unchaining the gate, and gazed like a curious gazelle at the spectacle of the dark haired beauty driving a porsche. He was even more bemused by the next piece of early morning theatre. As she handed a small parcel to the guy getting out of the passenger side of the car.
"Here, I made you these in case you get peckish today." Then pulled him by the t-shirted collar down to the drivers open window and kissed him passionately on the lips.
Within a second or two she had sped off up the road, the porsche bellowing out it's goodbye. The gobsmacked gatekeeper bursting with curiosity asked "WHO WAS THAT?"
"Oh, just a piece of skirt I picked uplast night. What time do you start tipping?" As if it happened to him all the time. (the latter being a transport slang phrase for unloading)
The gate keeper opened up the gate as Pete fired up his Scania truck. As he did so he unfolded the package. A Bacon buttie complete with note. It read...

You still got it,.call me anytime your around here, my number is ********150...xxxx Charlotte..(name changed)

No comments:

Post a Comment